- An adjustable humidistat to control the level of dryness
- A convenient drain port for hose attachment and draining to our Water Trek Aqua Route System® or a drywell.
- Basement Technologies unique "Hot Gas" defrosting feature which automatically melts away frost buildup providing effective operation at ambient temperatures down to 40° F.
- Optional ducting
- Handles up to 3,000 square feet of basement
Under operating conditions of 80° F and 60% Relative Humidity (a standard used for comparative performance of industrial dehumidifiers), the Basement Technologies Air Mop® 2 Heavy Duty Industrial/Marine Dehumidifier will remove up to 90 pints of harmful water vapor per day even in extreme environments, between 40° F and 150° F. The Basement Technologies Air Mop® 2 Heavy Duty Industrial/Marine Dehumidifier is definitely not "another pretty face" but a tough, self-sufficient performer.
Santa Fe Classic Dehumidifier
Ranked as one of the most energy-efficient residential dehumidifiers on the market, the American-made Santa Fe Classic Dehumidifier eliminates mold and mildew problems in large humid basements and crawl spaces. The Classic removes 110 pints of moisture per day under AHAM conditions (80 degrees F at 60% RH) and approximately 220 pints at saturation (100% relative humidity). It dehumidifies spaces as large as 2,500 square feet and does it with Energy Star efficiency.
In many applications, the Santa Fe Classic requires virtually no assembly. Simply plug it into a standard 15-amp 115-volt grounded outlet, attach the supplied drain hose, and route it to a nearby floor drain.
Efficient Moisture Removal
Santa Fe dehumidifiers are known for efficient operation that often exceeds Energy Star standards. The Santa Fe Classic is constructed with a more efficient compressor, refrigerator coils, and internal fan—and uses Santa Fe's efficiency-boosting pre-cooling technology. As a result, it dehumidifies at a higher energy factor than comparable models of the same capacity. The Classic removes 3 liters of moisture per kilowatt hour (L/kWh), which exceeds Energy Star's minimum energy factor standard for residential dehumidifiers. It's among the most energy-efficient large-capacity dehumidifiers on the market. By purchasing a few accessories, the Classic can also be setup to support pumped drainage and ducted applications.
Optional Condensate Pump
As an alternative to gravity drainage, an external condensate pump is available as an accessory for the Classic. Easy to setup and use, the optional condensate pump (sold separately) includes a 20-foot drain hose, giving you the option to run it across longer distances to drain condensate. To conserve energy, the pump features a float switch that directs it to run only when needed.
Optional Ducting Kit
An optional collar duct kit and ducting accessories are also available. You might prefer to duct your dehumidifier if standalone operation is not possible or not practical. Popular ducting options include:
- Duct multiple rooms to allow air to flow easily back and forth between them
- Duct the air from one room and direct it to discharge into another room
- Run ductwork to the edges of a crawl space to force air circulation
- Simple Controls - Easily adjust the knob to set your ideal humidity level from 20 to 80% and control fan operation with a single switch.
- 2-Stage Air Filtration - Together, a foam pre-filter and a pleated MERV-11 filter ensure efficient dehumidifying, protect the dehumidifier's internal components, and capture irritating allergens.
- Auto Defrost - The Santa Fe Classic operates successfully in temperatures down to 55 degrees F. Should frost form on the internal components in lower temperatures, an automatic defrost system shuts off operation and quickly melts frost so the unit can resume normal operation.
- Quiet Operation - From 6 feet away, the Santa Fe Classic has a sound level of 58 to 62 decibels, which is roughly the equivalent of quiet to normal conversation. If you find that the Classic isn't as quiet as you would like, consider purchasing the optional muffler kit for even quieter operation
- Smooth-Roll Casters - Four smooth-rolling casters make it easy to move the dehumidifier from space to space.